At Students 4 Best Evidence, we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We undertake not to disclose any data without your consent or as permitted by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
In order to administer our website, provide email alert services and consult on our work, Students 4 Best Evidence occasionally captures personal data. This is done in two ways:
- Site access: The website monitors access to the site for the purpose of system administration of the web server and statistical monitoring of website usage. This may include ‘cookies’. A cookie is a message given to a web browser by a web server. The message is then stored by the browser in a text file called cookie.txt. Every time the browser obtains a page from the server this cookie message is sent back. A cookie can be used to identify users and personalise their visit by customising web pages for them.
- Site membership: If you register with Students 4 Best Evidence, your email address and other information given when registering will be held on the system for the purpose of providing membership services.
Sharing the information
The information you provide when registering can be accessed by our website hosts for the purposes of site maintenance and updates. Your personal data will not be transferred outside the UK.
Information we may collect from you:
We may collect and process the data you provide by filling in forms on our site and with your permission this information will be stored to be used as follows:
- To provide you with information such as forthcoming events or publications and website updates that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, unless you have opted out of being contacted for such purposes; or
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We only keep your information for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which the personal information was collected. This includes for the purpose of meeting any legal and reporting requirements or obligations.
Security of your information
We take reasonable measures to ensure the confidentiality and security of personal data for which we are responsible.
We will not share your data with third parties unless where necessary to enable us to comply with legal obligations or where permitted by law.
How to access your personal data
You have the right to access the information which we hold about you, and why, subject to any exemptions using a Subject Access Request. Requests must be made in writing and you will need to provide:
- Adequate information (for example full name) so that your identity can be verified and your personal data located.
- A description of what information you are requesting to enable us to retrieve it in an efficient manner.
You should send your request to email@example.com
You can contact us at any time to request that all, or some, of your individual data be deleted or amended. You can unsubscribe at any time from our mailing list by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of any email you receive from us, or by contacting us via email.
Last updated: 21 September 2020.